Licence Free Music
Although the mainstream music is almost entirely managed through the Performing Rights Organisations (PROs), there is a wealth of music outside of the PROs remit. Some is from new writers and artists who have yet to sign on with one of these organisations but a lot is from writers and performers who have grown tired of the PROs often heavy-handed approach and decided to move away from these bodies.
These music creators need to find alternative ways to have their music heard and to gain revenues from it. We work with music agencies in various locations around the world to gain access to this music and offer it to our clients with a percentage of our fees paid back to the writers and performers through these agencies.
There are various advantages to this type of music for partners:
- Costs for clients are minimised due to the lack of additional licences, so it is often easier to make the sale
- Clients don’t have the hassle of requiring licences
- Greater price flexibility – the PROs generally stipulate a minimum price whereas the independent music agencies often do not
- Increased profits because the independent music agencies charge less than the PROs
- Use the same music anywhere in the world without having to worry about licensing restrictions or rules
- Many clients appreciate the ability to have a unique sound by using music that is not already played to death on the radio